What is KeryFlex?
The patented resin creates a flexible, non-porous nail plate that allows the real nail to grow in a fungal free environment. The KeryFlex™ artificial nail bonds to any remaining nail tissue and nail bed to provide an exceptionally realistic looking plate during concurrent anti-fungal therapies such as oral medications. It transforms an unsightly, disfigured nail, providing an immediate cosmetic improvement to compliment fungal nail laser treatment and regular debridement with oral or topical treatment.
How Long Does KeryFlex Take & How Long Does it Last?
Treatment takes around 20 minutes and under normal conditions the KeryFlex™ restored nail will bond to the regrowing nail for up to 10 weeks !
The KeryFlex™ nail is durable and unaffected by acetone (nail polish remover), nail polishes or detergents. Restore your confidence in the appearance of your toenails with the KeryFlex™ Nail Restoration System.
What is the KeryFlex treatment process?
- Nail bed is prepared with debridement of the nail.
- KeryFlex Bond is brushed onto the nail plate and nail bed.
- KeryFlex Resin builds up the nail and allows sculpting and contouring of the nail.
- KeryFlex Seal is applied after the modeling process is completed.
- Ultraviolet light hardens the substances within 2 minutes.
Why choose KeryFlex?
- Offers an additional option for damaged toenails
- Provides for cosmetically pleasing nails during most antifungal treatment regimens
- Will not irritate or cause further damage to the underlying nail or skin
- Is unaffected by acetone, nail polishes or detergents
- Is non-porous and will not allow moisture to penetrate between the natural and prosthetic nail
PACT® Toenail Fungus Treatment
In addition to Keryflex, you may consider Photodynamic Antimicrobial Therapy (PACT) which is used to treat fungal infection of the toenail.
It is estimated that fungal nail infections affect up to 1.6 million Australians, and before now there has been little success rate with most treatments and medications.
PACT® (Photodynamic Antimicrobial Therapy) is a PAINLESS method of treatment
which effectively kills bacteria, viruses and fungi on skin surfaces and toenails.
A single PACT nail fungus treatment session will involve the following:
- Our Podiatrists will firstly debride and remove all of the infected part of the nail.
- A special PACT nail fungus gel is then applied to the nail and left to absorb for 10 minutes. This gel stains the fungal cells making them sensitive to the light emitted by the scientifically tested PACT LED lamp.
- The PACT LED light is applied for 9.5 minutes penetrating the nail and destroying the fungal cells.
PACT nail fungus therapy is 100% safe with no known contra-indications. Repeated exposure to the light does not produce any adverse effects.