Podiatry is the profession that deals with the prevention, diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of conditions affecting the human lower limb and foot. The practice of podiatry is regulated by registration boards within each state and territory of Australia. Podiatrists use a wide range of techniques and modalities to treat a variety of lower limb and foot condition, including:
In order to be covered by Medicare a patient must have obtained an Enhanced Primary Care Plan from their General Practitioner. You are able to obtain an Enhanced Primary Care Plan if you have been classified by your doctor as having a chronic medical condition [such as diabetes]. This plan may entitle you to 5 podiatry visits per year. This is solely at your doctor’s discretion. With this plan, the consultation will be subsidised and either fully or partially covered by Medicare. In order to be bulk billed by Medicare, you do need to have a Pension or Health Care Card.
No, you do not need a referral. Feel free to book online here https://galleriapodiatry.com.au/book/
We recommend that you make an appointment at least 48 hours prior to the appointment date you are wanting. It is always best to give us as much notice as possible, especially during busy periods such as Christmas. For bulk billing times we recommend allowing a month prior to the appointment as we often have long waiting times for an appointment
We have online booking available www.galleriapodiatry.com.au/book
However, if you have an Enhanced Primary Care Plan please call the clinic to book your appointment.
Yes, we see children from any age, although we would not necessarily implement any treatment until the age of about 4-5 years old. We treat kids for a number of conditions including, but not limited to, heel pain, arch pain, flat feet, pigeon toes, plantar warts, toe walking, knock knees, bow legs, ingrown toenails and growing pains.
Yes, if podiatry is included in your extras cover, you can claim onsite with HICAPS. If you would like to know specifically how much your private health fund will cover, you will need to contact them directly.
Yes! We have plenty of car parking available at the back of the building and our entrance is around the front. There is also Disability access from the front of the building.
Home visits can be arranged for patients living within 5km from the clinic. Please call to find out further details on 9275 9006.
* We’ve increased our hand sanitation procedures (above Government recommendations).
* We’ve implemented extremely high levels of surface cleaning in the clinic (above Government recommendations) between every patient and routinely throughout the day and all patients are being asked to use hand sanitizer on arrival in the clinic.
* We’ve also removed some waiting room chairs in order to abide by social distancing recommendations.
* We’re screening every patient for every consultation to determine if they safe to be treated in our clinic.
* We’ve instructed all our staff that they are to stay at home if they are feeling unwell and have also instructed them to turn away any patients who don’t pass our screening questions or are unwell on arrival.
* Home visits to our elderly and high risk patients at a heavily reduced cost for the next 3 months.
* Avoid the Waiting Room: We’re happy for you to wait in your car in our carpark. Just call us to check-n, then we’ll call you when your podiatrist is ready to see you.