Sports Podiatry in Perth
Podiatry is the profession that deals with the prevention, diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of conditions affecting the human lower limb and foot. The practice of podiatry is regulated by registration boards within each state and territory of Australia. Podiatrists use a wide range of techniques and modalities to treat a variety of lower limb and foot condition, including:
- Inflammatory conditions such as heel spurs and Achilles tendonitis.
- Arthritic conditions involving the lower limb and foot (Osteoarthritis and Rheumatoid Arthritis)
- Children’s foot problems (flat feet, knock knees, pigeon toes)
- Condition of the leg, hip or lower back related to faulty biomechanics within the feet.
- Biomechanical Assessments and Prescription of orthotics (custom-made shoe inserts) to correct biomechanical deficiencies which may be causing pain or discomfort.
- Arch pain, foot pain and leg fatigue (shin splints, knee pain, sciatica)
- Ingrown toenails (conservative and surgical management)
- Plantar warts, corns, calluses, and any painful legion.
- Diabetic foot problems (ulcers, neuropathy)
- Conservative and surgical management of bunions, hammer toes, soft tissue growths, bony lumps and bumps.
- A Podiatric Surgeon, Dr Nick Marino, (Podiatrist) is available.
A good percentage of the podiatric fee is claimable with medical coverage from most private health funds in Australia.