At Galleria Podiatry we are now offering the convenience of Telehealth Consultations (via phone or video conference).
You can book a TeleHealth consultation by clicking the link below or contact us via phone to arrange a suitable appointment time.
It’s super simple and takes about 5 minutes to set up. All you need is a telephone, smart phone, laptop or PC, and an internet connection.
We’ll send you the 2 step instructions on how to prepare for the consultation and an information form to complete prior to the consultation.
Our preferred platform for your TeleHealth consultation is PhysiApp.
Payment for your Telehealth Consultation is completed over the phone prior to your consultation with a credit card payment.
But why not just use Skype/Google Hangouts/FaceTime?
Since the 1990’s, it has been possible to chat with other Internet users all over the world using a webcam and a microphone. Several technologies emerged which have become extremely popular, such as Skype and FaceTime.
However, for Telehealth in Podiatry we use PhysiApp for 2 important reasons:
- Privacy – PhysiApp Telehealth allows video calls without the need for you to import contact details or link with your social media accounts.
- Security – Chats are encrypted to help avoid interception.
What Can We Help You With?
Obviously, there can be no physical treatment during a Telehealth consultation, however we can still offer a comprehensive, valuable and affordable consultation in which we can:
Comprehensively assess your foot and/or lower limb concerns.
Diagnose all Foot and Lower Limb conditions, including:
- Foot and Lower Limb Pain.
- Heel and Arch Pain
- Knee, Hip and Lower back Pain
- Skin and Nail Conditions – Corns, Calluses, Warts, Ingrown Toenails, etc.
- Sporting Injuries – shin splints, ankle pain, Achilles tendonitis, etc
- Children’s Foot and Lower Limb pain
- Prescription of Orthotic, if necessary.
- Diabetic Foot care – Wound Care, Education and Advice
- Footwear Advice and referral
Treatment, Advice and Home management strategies to get you on the road to recovery quickly.
Stretching & Strengthening Exercise Prescription to aid your recovery.
Referrals for diagnostic imaging, if required (Eg. X-Ray; Ultrasound, etc.)
Referral to complementary Health Specialists, if necessary.
How do you prepare for a Telehealth Consulation?
In order to carry out a Telehealth consultation, you will need to do a couple of things.
- Have PhysiApp in a web browser (www.physiapp.com) or download the free app to your smart phone or tablet via the Apple “App Store”, or Google “Play Store”.
- Have an access code, which you will receive from your podiatrist.
Once logged in to PhysiApp, your Podiatrist will call you.